Today I spent 45 minutes at my local Studio Barre with Bea. What a workout! I love her cues and insistence on form. That goes for food too…the form of food you consume makes a huge difference in your health. Eating whole unprocessed foods means you are getting more fiber, healthy fat, antioxidants, protein, minerals, and carbs that support healthy blood sugar levels. This recipe came to me after growing some amazing broccoli sprouts, making an almond yogurt Caesar dip and then spotting my last Mikey’s Pizza Crust in the freezer. I’m not a recipe developer, I just grab inspo when it shows up!
While I don’t recommend 100% raw diets because many of you can’t tolerate the large amount of fibers day in and out, I do recommend making raw foods at least 50% of your intake.
Here’s the GF Raw Veggie Pizza recipe you’re gonna want to make more than once this summer!
Gluten Free Raw Veggie Pizza
- 1 Mikey's Gluten Free Pizza Crust frozen
- `1/2 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 brussel sprout thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red or white onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Parmela Mozzarella Nut Cheese pre-grated
- 1/2 cup Kite Hill unsweetened almond yogurt
- 1 tsp Italian or Caesar seasoning dried
- 2 tbsp broccoli sprouts optional
- 2 tbsp black beans rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg fried, medium or to liking
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F and place frozen pizza crust on baking sheet.While oven is heating gather and wash produce:2. Mix yogurt and Caesar seasoning until smooth. Set aside.3. Thinly slice brussel sprout and onion with a knife or use a mandolin. Peel and grate carrot. Set aside.4. Place pizza crust in oven for 10 minutes or until crispy and light brown. 5. While pizza is cooking, heat a saute pan with medium heat. Lightly oil or butter pan. Add egg and fry to medium done or desired cook. I like to turn the heat off once the white is set and cover the egg with a lid to finish the yolk to medium done.6. Remove from oven and allow to cool 3-4 minutes. Spread yogurt spread over top of pizza, spreading it all the way to the edge.7. Sprinkle with cheese, brussel sprout, carrot and onion slices, then top with black beans, egg, broccoli sprouts and avocado slices.Enjoy!