Chickpea Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach
A quick weeknight dinner of high protein pasta with a garlicky sun dried tomato sauce and flecks of spinach
- 1/2 box Barilla Casarecce Chickpea Pasta
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil chopped, try Trader Joe's
- 2 tbsp kalamata olives chopped, try Trader Joe's
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach washed, chop into 2" pieces if using mature spinach
- 1/4 cup cooked pasta water reserve when draining pasta
- 2 tbsp Kelly's Gourmet Cheezy Parm dairy free cheese alternative
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. I like this pasta cooked for 10 minutes in lightly salted water.
- While pasta is cooking, warm olive oil in shallow saute pan. Chop sun dried tomatoes and add to olive oil with minced garlic. Allow to warm over very low heat.
- Wash spinach and chop olives.
- When pasta is done, drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Place pasta back into pan, add 1/2 of the pasta water, spinach and olive oil mixture. Toss to combine, adding more pasta water as needed to help coat the pasta. Avoid adding too much water. Season with pepper to taste.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with chopped olives and Kelly's Gourmet Cheezy Parm. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!