Ginger Honey Mocktail
Fresh juiced ginger and honey combine with sparkling water for a refreshing non-alcoholic treat!
- 1/4 cup ginger juice pressed from juicer
- 1/4 cup honey try an exotic one like buckwheat or grapefruit
- sparkling water unflavored
- 1 tsp chia seed per beverage
- 4-5 sprigs fresh mint or basil
- Wash and trim fresh ginger root.Mix 1/4 cup of fresh ginger juice with 1/4 cup of honey. Whisk to blend thoroughly. You can experiment with different honey varieties!
- To make your mocktail:Fill a 12 oz. glass with ice.Add 1-2 tsp. of ginger honey mixture. Top with sparkling water.Add chia seeds, a squeeze of lime, sprigs of fresh basil or fresh mint.Swizzle (stir) and enjoy!OPTIONAL: add fresh berries to the glass with ginger honey mixture and muddle, or gently smash, before adding sparkling water.
Juice the ginger in a slow juicer. If you don’t have a slow juicer like, use whatever juicer you have. I recommend using the fine mesh screen or sieve that comes with your juicer to filter out the particles of ginger that will get through a larger screen/sieve. If you only have one sieve and find that there are small chunks of ginger in your juice, simply pour it through cheesecloth or a handheld fine mesh sieve—or enjoy the chunks!