Pancake Zucchini Muffins
Using a pancake and waffle mix as a base, these muffins are moist, delicious and can be made into multiple flavors with bit of imagination!
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Muffin or cupcake pan
- Paper liners for muffin pan
- 1 cup Gluten free pancake mix Bob's Red Mill, my favorite
- 1/2 cup oat flour make your own: whirl oats in a blender
- 1/3 cup brown sugar do not pack, leave loose in cup
- 1/4 tsp. each salt, baking powder, baking soda gives pancake mix a boost
- 2 each eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup avocado or other neutral oil
- 2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts optional, can use any nuts or seeds or omit
- Turn on oven or toaster oven to 350 F and line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Measure all dry ingredients into medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Mix all wet ingredients in small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Then fold in zucchini.
- Mixture will look dry. Allow to sit for 3 minutes. Set a timer!
- Stir gently to combine. Now would be the time to stir in any chocolate chips or ingredients you want inside the muffins. Stir gently!
- Spoon into baking cups. Top with chopped nuts or seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Check muffins with a cake tester or toothpick. Stick into a muffin, if it comes out clean, muffins are done. Muffins should be golden brown on top.
Serving: 1muffinCalories: 235kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 5gFat: 116gSaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 10gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 175mgPotassium: 210mgFiber: 13gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 155IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 610mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!